GAO Offers Active RFID UHF Beacon Tag
Toronto, Canada – GAO RFID Asset Tracking Inc. (www.GAORFIDAssetTracking.com) provides an active UHF beacon tag (GAO 137001). This beacon tag is a cost - effective long – range active RFID tag appropriate for tracking mobile assets, controlling access or online inventory, and localizing of assets or personnel in designated areas.It offers outstanding long-range capabilities for wireless applications.
The tag uses advanced UHF radio frequency technology and sends data to a mobile (handheld) or fixed reader (interrogator) at a distance of 300 feet (100 meters). Static data are written on the tag and are sent at a programmable interval without getting a request from the reader. In addition, its ultra – low power consumption and configurable ping rate enables it to operate effectively for many years without additional maintenance.
"Active RFID technologies offer many benefits over passive technologies for certain applications," says Dr. Frank Gao, CEO of GAO Group. "These new active tags take full advantage of such benefits."
GAO's active UHF Beacon Tag provides the following features:
- A range of 100 meters provides the longest read-range for identification and tracking.
- Its long – life battery can support verylong time maintenance – free operation.
- Non-line-of-sight data transmission offers great convenience.
- Tags are available for both standard North American and European ISM band frequencies.
- It also provides a selectable ping rate to avoid a busy band.
- Low cost.
GAO RFID Inc.